Re: Removing octave-mpi?

Le 25/05/2020 à 22:18, Sébastien Villemot a écrit :
I suggest to remove octave-mpi from unstable.

It is marked as unmaintained upstream. The last release dates back to
2014.

We had to patch that last release to make it compile with Octave 4.0,
then again with Octave 4.4.

It failed to compile again with Octave 5 and was removed from testing
at the time of the transition. I am not sure it is worth investigating
to craft a patch, because this means we would de facto become upstream.

What do you think?

A fork of octave-mpi, more actively maintained, is available here at [1] and, according to [2], the latest release from is working with Octave 5.1.

Perhaps should you consider using this repo now, instead of the deprecated one on OF ?

@++
Julien

[1] https://github.com/carlodefalco/octave-mpi

[2] https://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/octave-forge-mpi-forge-page-td4695129.html