Re: Bug fixed

On Mon, Jul 01, 2002 at 08:53:26PM +0200, Malte Cornils wrote:
> this bug is fixed since openoffice -6 .deb. Seems like it was Oo's fault,
> since binary compatibility can only be expected for minor version number
> changes, and ft went to 2.1.x with the update.

I don't know that I would call this fixed, or a binary compatibility issue.

In -5 OOo was compiled using libfreetype6 1.1 from Debian.  In -6 it was
recompiled to link statically to the internal libfreetype.   The problem
seems to lie with the interaction of OpenOffice and libfreetype in Debian.

We'll revisit this after 1.0.1 is out.

Chris