Re: [s.chauveau@chello.nl: 001.1-beta2-1 startup error]

Hi Chris,

Chris Halls wrote:
Hi Joerg, I hope you are well!

I've just received this report about configmgr problems in our beta2
packages.  I'm not sure where do start investigating - do you have any
pointers where to start based on that error message?

Try to use a libcfgmgr2.so (built in configmgr) built with debug=t. Look for assertion messages. Maybe break on configmgr::OProviderImpl::clearTreeManager(). That method should not be called before office shutdown, but I can't see a way to get the error you indicate without it.

The packages are built from the beta2 release plus some of the fixes on the
beta2 branch.  The only thing that might be of interest is that I am using
configimport to change the user locale.  It works for all other users but
here's the routine in case it might be causing a problem:

If you haven't got any ideas then I'll try and get hold of a backtrace of
the calc crash.

Judging from the below, it might be an unexpected or unhandled exception. But I really have no idea what causes the exception in the first place. Are you doing anything unusual to bootstraprc or configmgrrc ? Do you place libraries in unusual places ?

when I start 001.1-beta2, I get an large empty window with a menu and an error popup with the following message:

OpenOffice.org cannot be started due to an error accessing the configuration data.
Please contact tou system administrator.
The following internal error as occured: GetStorage name:

file://home/chauveau/.openoffice/1.1/user/config/soffice.cfg:OProviderImpl:

No cache available - provider was already disposed.

I have never seen that mix of errors (GetStorage + configuration) and as mentioned, the second (configuration) part looks really dubious. Could it be that one of the configuration files is broken (one of the Common.xcu files is a favorite) ? What locale is being put into the Setup.xcu by your script ? Is that locale available in share/registry/res ? Do you run setup.bin at all ? are any errors reported by setup.log ?

The console output is

# rm -rf .openoffice .sversionrc ; openoffice1.1 OpenOffice.org for Debian - see /usr/share/doc/openoffice.org1.1/README.Debian.gz
running openoffice.org 1.1 setup...
Try `uname --help' for more information.

Does it actually try to run setup -repair here ?

Hope that helps a little. It is pretty hard to diagnose this without being able to look at the installation (and I don't have any debian system around to try your special manipulations...).

Ciao, Jörg

--
Joerg Barfurth                      ext: x66662
Software Engineer                   mailto:joerg.barfurth@sun.com