Re: I can confirm this and even reported two bugs : 273298 and 273335

Richard Dansereau wrote:
Yes, the two bugs you mention occur on my installation as well.  It
would seem to be a bug in how OO Impress handles opening a new
window since any operation that requires opening a window popup
causes the selected text to instead "reselect" the text box itself.

The first one yes, Im not sure for the second... It is apparently a string problem from de gdb trace...

It definitely makes OO Impress unusable.  (The only temporary work
around I see right now is to edit your text in OO Writer and then copy
& paste it into OO Impress.)

Richard

Should I confess I booted Windows and used a binary version to finish my work.

And yes this makes Impress _UNUSABLE_. Any maintainer out there?

-- eric