Re: 2.0.3 Sarge Backport: agg pyuno compat

Joo Martin wrote:
> I have had a look to the debian rules for Sarge Backport.
> I suggest to change some variables to:
>
>   BUILD_PYUNO=n          (no package python-central in sarge)

wrong. When we build on sarge we build with sarge's policy. There *is*
conditionals for that. So we don't need any of the new stuff (especially not
python-central) on sarge.

>   SYSTEM_AGG=n           (no package libagg-dev in sarge)

Already there. Look in the DebianSarge section.

> And the query:
>
>   ifeq "$(BUILD_PYUNO)" "y"
>     BUILD_DEPS += , python-central (>= 0.4.10), debhelper (>=
>                     5.0.37.1), python (>= 2.3.5-7)
>   endif
>
> should be after the special variables for SARGE BACKPORT because of
> changing of variable BUILD_PYUNO (see above). Does ooo2 work without
> pyuno ?

also wrong. That is the Debian section, not in the DebianSarge section.
yes, it would work without pyuno but why should we disable it for sarge,
it can and should be built with sarges python and sarges python policy.

There's the emailmerge comnponent for -writer, though, which is written
using pyuno, so that would be disabled. But that isn't needed as I
explained.

> If we need DH_COMPAT=5 for BUILD_DBG_PACKAGE=y then it is not useable
> for Sarge, because the highest level is DH_COMPAT=4 (nearly line 245).

Of course, that's why BUILD_DBG_PACKAGE is disabled. (Already at the
global Debian default level)

Regards,

Rene