Re: OpenOffice for armel

Actually, the Ubuntu one is not, but only because they found a crude
workaround (including the old lib from a old release, which might even come
from a different OOo version(?) into the new package binary-only. No way, this
will never be done in qulaity distriobutions like Debian, we all know
that Ubuntu is not really caring about that at all).

Good to hear that Debian has higher standards.

OTOH from a personal perspective I'm plain sick of not having OpenOffice on my ARM box and am happy to use a work-around if that's all that's going.

Maybe it might make sense for you to report one - it seems I just
have to disable the armel packages until this is fixed.... :-(

Indeed. At least it makes more sense than continuing to build packages that don't run. :(

Thanks for the feedback anyway.

Jonathan