Re: LibreOffice + Wheezy = frozen

Hi,

On Fri, Jun 08, 2012 at 05:22:16PM -0400, LaboratorioVT wrote:
> Dears ...
>
> Package: libreoffice
> Version: 1:3.4.6-2

Unsupported version.

> Memoria 2.0 GiB
> Procesador Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T5870 @ 2.00GHz × 2
> Gráficos Intel® 965GME/GLE x86/MMX/SSE2

OK, important info it seems.

> SO 32 bits Debian wheezy

And so far all reports of this were on i386....

> Remark:
> ----------
> Launched the application and then a few minutes, getting stuck (no
> work). No way, it freezes the entire desktop. I can only go out with
> [CTRL] + [ALT] + [Fn] the text consoles. About all the LibreOffice
> suite.
>
> I do not know the protocol for reporting bugs, so I send the mail to you.

And you apparently also don't know how to look up bugs. What is hard
to look at bugs.debian.org for the respective documentation and/or use
reportbug?
Seriously, if you can't do either of this you shouldn't use a develeopment
release (which wheezy right now is)

See #676553 and maybe also #673942 (the bug merged with it suggests it's
X bug but all the respective X packages are the same in wheezy and sid -
assuming you have a uptodate wheezy)

> For your attention, thank you.

There will absolutely be no attention to 3.4.6. It will be replaced by 3.5.4
soonish. 3.4.6 is buggy, has unfixed security issues etc. It just was/is
stuck in unstable because of various transitions there...

Try with a update wheezy and/or with 3.5.4 from unstable, please.

Regards,

Rene