Re: Fix for user-build of Digest::MD5

On Sat, May 31, 2003 at 02:36:23AM -0400, Soren Andersen wrote:
>I've repeatedly run across a little "build bug" with CPAN module
>"Digest::MD5" (at v2.24 now I think) which will prevent the user / admin
>trying to install it using CPAN or manually, from getting a "clean" run.
>This sort of thing bothers me. I did something about it: made a patch.
>That patch is attached to this message.

It's not entirely clear exactly *what* your build bug is.

The only issue that I can find with a local installation of Digest::MD5
is that the maintainer sets INSTALLDIRS to "perl" in the Makefile.PL for
5.8.0+, meaning that "make install" will attempt to install under
/usr/{share,lib}/perl .

    make install INSTALLDIRS=site

works fine.

--bod