Re: Pile of Perl package to give away

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005, Kenneth Pronovici wrote:

This and the previous announcement beg the question of what the role of
the Debian-perl group is supposed to be.  are we obliged to take in
orphaned perl packages?

I don't know.  I don't personally care whether the group takes these
over or some other maintainer does; I've just noticed from previous
emails to this list that the Debian Perl Group appears to *want* to
adopt Perl packages on a large scale, so I thought it was worth
offering.

That is what I was asking about. If I take the mission statement literally, we _should_ take them on.

Carlo

--
Carlo U. Segre -- Professor of Physics
Illinois Institute of Technology