Re: dpkg.pkgs.cpan.org

Hi,

Am Sonntag, den 30.10.2005, 10:06 +0100 schrieb Jos I. Boumans:
> > Some suggestions:
> >  * Could you also add .debs built on stable (sarge)?
>
> Currently we're prototyping it -- and we only have one build box, which
> churns out i386 packages on unstable... I'm not sure however that
> grabbing bleading edge software from CPAN and building it on debian
> stable should warrant it being marked 'stable' -- or am i not
> understanding what you mean?
True, it is not a statement of stability but of target: After all, it's
still better to use these packages built for debian stable than to get
them by CPAN on the stable box itself.

> >  * Could you add a "Origin: CPAN" header
>
> Sure... can you point me to the relevent debian documentation on it's
> format? Or even better yet, patches welcome ;)
>
> 	http://search.cpan.org/~kane/CPANPLUS-Dist-Deb-0.03_01/

It is actually not yet documented, AFAIK, but Ubuntu uses it:

Bugs: mailto:ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Origin: Ubuntu

Is there a list where you'd want to recieve bug reports against these
packages?

Greetings,
Joachim
--