Re: ITP: libevent-rpc-perl -- Event based transparent Client/Server RPC framework

On Sat, 15 Apr 2006, gregor herrmann wrote:
> There are still 2 questions/issues both concerning debian/rules:
>
> * lintian reported character problems in the manpages caused by the
>   character 'ö' in the author's name. I inserted
>     sed -i -e 's/ö/\\\[:o\]/' $(TMP)/usr/share/man/man3/*
>   in the install-stamp target and the results look good.  Is this a
>   correct approach?

This is clearly a temporary approach ... the right fix is always to fix it
upstream. In this case I think it's pod2man that needs to be fixed (unless
there's a way to fix that in the .pm directly but I doubt that).

=> check the BTS for bugs on pod2man about that and maybe fill one if you
can't find any

> * The package builds in my normal environment but not in a pbuilder
>   chroot because some tests fail. For the moment I wrote
>     -$(MAKE) test
>   (i.e. prefixed the make with the dash) as a workaround but I guess
>   that's not very elegant ...

Why do they fail ? It's probably a missing build-depends...

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog