Re: Subversion repository layout

Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> Heh, so it was not only me who found this thing to be attractive and
> interesting ;-) Joey, please pseak up: What do you propose?

This is my proposal for the layout:

scripts/
tools/
website/
attic/		# moved from packages/attic, otherwise left as-is
trunk/
	libalias-perl/
	soap-lite/
tags/
	libalias-perl/
		2.32-7/
	soap-lite/
		0.68-1
branches/
	upstream/
		libalias-perl/
			2.32/
			current/
		soap-lite/
			0.68/
			current/

FWIW, this avoids most of svn-buildpackage's bugs with this style of repo
layout. (Except for the svn-inject -l 2 bug.)

Switching to this layout could work as follows:

1. backup the repo
2. check the whole tree out
3. svn cp directories around, leaving packages/ as-is, and creating the toplevel
   trunk, tags, and branches
4. some brief testing that the new directories work well enough with the tools
5. remove packages/

--
see shy jo