Re: pkg-perl TODO: SVN, archive, upstream, etc versions

-=| gregor herrmann, 26.07.2007 09:25 |=-
> On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 17:12:05 -0500, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
>
>>> The result is at http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/qa/versions.html
>> _Very_ nice list. I'll be playing a bit (sooner or later... You know
>> how I am, I tend to leave things for later :-/ ) - I think adding a
>> link here and there can be a good extra :)
>
> Yup, might be nice.

Gunnar, which links you need? Adding them is easy, reading your mind is
not :)

> I suggest that if you like to hack on it you ignore the ugly bash
> script and go directly to Damyan's rewrite of it in Perl (also in the
> scripts directory in svn) which is not completely finished AFAIK but
> has more potential :-)

Heh, we'll see about that.

>>> Similarly with packages claiming to be higher than the upstream -
>>> perhaps debian/watch points to some old location.
>> AFAICT, we will have to learn to live with some spurious files here
>> and there... [...]
>
> At least I can leave with the "known suspects", there are not many
> anyway.

I guess that when all the checks are properly made, there won't be any
false positives. In the mean time, they are not that many, yes.

> I was thinking about a script that could check the status of a single
> package (to be run locally) -- or simple a command line parameter to
> versioncheck{,-html,.pl} to run it only for one package.

Added this to the TO-DO list of versioncheck.pl