Re: (recap) New perl-apps group

On Dec 26, 2007, at 7:07 AM, Martín Ferrari wrote:

Isn't anybody interested in starting some effort to group maintain (a
subset of) the applications written in perl?

I am interested. As an (albeit recent) veteran of the debian-perl group I would be willing to help in a similar role. I am aiming to become a DM in 2008 (my big New Year's goal :-) ) so hopefully that will be useful.

While we're at it, I'd like to pinpoint something I saw while looking
at the groups in alioth: there are two groups that I think should be
removed: pkg-modperl2 and dh-make-perl; as both packages are now
maintained by us.

That makes a lot of sense to me.

I still feel strongly that a perl apps group is needed - perl applications, like TWiki, are fundamentally different from packaging modules.

	Jeremiah