Re: Test-Corpus-Audio-MPD 1.100430

hi,

thank you on your work regarding packaging modules. doing the same for
mandriva, i know what it means - and it's welcome! :-)

On 10/02/15 01:06 -0500, Jonathan Yu wrote:
> I noticed in the latest version of Test::Corpus::Audio::MPD that there
> are several .ogg music files installed, presumably as example files
> for the mpd tests. I understand the reasoning behind including these,
> but I am a bit concerned about copyright issues since Debian is quite
> picky about how "open source" our packages are.
>
> I haven't heard the sound files yet, so I don't know if they are clips
> from copyrighted musical works, or whether they are your own creation.

from perldoc Test::Corpus::Audio::MPD

    Note also that the test suite comes with its own ogg files - and
    yes, we can redistribute them since it's only some random voice
    recordings :-)

the ogg files are 2 seconds tracks of me saying "ok" in a mic. very bad
quality, absolutely no artistic sense behind it... and definitely no
copyrighted material.

maybe i should add that it's *my* voice being recorded.

> If the latter, Debian generally also wants "source" files for
> everything -- including, as I understand it, multimedia files -- in
> the way that a developer would work on them.

erm, the source file was just a wav file with me speaking in the mic.
and they're definitely long gone! :-)

do you need something else? because i'm afraid i won't be able to
provide anything additional! ;)

note however that if this is a problem for redistributing the module in
debian, it's not that big a problem: the module is only used for testing
the other mpd modules (thanks for packaging them)... and developping
those modules.

i hope i cleared any problems, don't hesitate to come back to me if
needed.

regards,
jérôme
--