Re: Renaming/mangling a package for non-free (files removed)

On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 11:42 AM, Nick Morrott wrote:

> I am curious about how to go about renaming/mangling a package's name
> for the non-free archive after having removed content that is
> unlicensed - that is, the files to be removed state no right to even
> distribute them. Other non-free files in the affected packages use
> non-DFSG licenses which allow distribution (just no modification).

I don't think this comes up often enough for there to be a best practice.

One option might be using +drd (Debian ReDistributability) in the version.

> The packages in question are libxml-compile-soap-perl and
> libxml-compile-wsdl11-perl.

If the non-redistributable files are present on snapshot.debian.org,
please file a bug for their removal from there.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise