Re: RF{C,H}: dh-make-perl

On Thu, 04 Jul 2019 09:24:03 +0200, Alex Muntada wrote:

> Hi gregor, good job!

Thanks!

And thank you very much for reviewing this stuff!

I wanted to wait for DebCamp until coming back to dh-make-perl, and
well, here we are :)

> > Some of the changes might profit from a review (of the code
> > and/or the result), and others are not finished / need help
> > and improvements, hence I'm giving a quick overview here:
> I just did a quick code review: in general I find very small
> changes (maybe in separate branches, then merged --no-ff) help
> understand better how code evolves and therefore make code
> reviews easier too. This was the case for the changes in 0..3
> and 6.

True, will try to do better in the future.
(I hoped that this branch would just be some small commits …).

> > 0) Missing years in debian/copyright:
> > 1) debhelper:
> > 2) debian/watch:
> > 3) Treat libmodule-build-using-pkgconfig-perl like
> >    libmodule-build-perl and libmodule-build-using-pkgconfig-perl
> > 6) Use Config::Model::Dpkg
> These were small changes mostly and easy to review, LGTM.

Cool.

> > 4) Versioned Provides
> > (Now it gets more complicated :))
> This was harder: I'm not sure I understood every bit because
> the changes were significantly larger and my knowledge of
> dh-make-perl code is poor. Nevertheless, I think they're OK.

Great, thanks.
I'm also not 100% sure but from my tests since then the results
looked reasonable to me.

> > 5) <!nocheck> annotations for test dependencies
> > This kinda works now (for well behaved META.{json,yml} files) but
> > - I'm not sure if my approach in the code is right/clean
> This wasn't as hard as 4) and I think it's also OK.

As this is not yet doing what it does, I'll try and improve it in the
next days.

So I've now (with a little consultation with my friends)
- cherry-picked all but the <!nocheck> (and the salsa-ci) commits
  into master and updated the changelog. So this should be ready for
  upload. (Maybe David can test it with the dh_elpa stuff but I think
  the changes shouldn't affect it)
- rebased post-buster onto master (fixed merge conflicts and then
  removed them in an interactice rebase), so now post-buster is
  basically <!nocheck>, with a history of master plus the few commits
  on top. Will force-push after a review here on the table … And done
  now.
- and then I learned some git tricks from David - obrigado :)

Cheers,
gregor

--
 .''`.  https://info.comodo.priv.at -- Debian Developer https://www.debian.org
 `. `'  Member VIBE!AT & SPI Inc. -- Supporter Free Software Foundation Europe