Re: App::Session::Token

On 10/31/23 22:13, gregor herrmann wrote:
You could have started a new thread, it's not that we we have a limit
on threads on our mailing lists :)

Haha good point -- I just saw your offer to help with Mikko's package and jumped at it. My mistake. :)

Actually I tried to figure out how to do the packaging myself a while ago,
but something wasn't working for me (a form URL was timing out IIRC) so I
gave up.
Sounds, hm, interesting :)

(We can't -- technically and by policy -- use online resources during
build.)

I don't recall exactly what the problem was (this was a few years ago). Maybe I was trying to sign up for some kind of ID or something (?).

One thing I'm wondering is why App::Session::Token is distributed
separately from Session::Token; no big deal for us to have Yet
Another Package but putting a script into the distribution with the
library seems to be quite common.
Yes, this could work too. Initially I thought to keep them separate, thinking some users of the library would not want to also install a script. And at this point, the library is pretty widely used so I'm hesitant to push a script onto all installations.

Cheers,

Doug