plan and pilot-manager

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting plan linked to my palmIII. Does anyone know what
I'm doing wrong, or have suggestions for a better configuration?

Here is /var/lib/plan/netplan.dir/.netplan-acl:

  # Please read the netplan(1) man page before editing this file.
  *: permit read write user 1003
  *: permit read write user lee

I wasn't sure if these were uids or user names, so I tried both.

Here is netplan run in verbose debug mode:

  freefall /etc/init.d # netplan -dv
  netplan: netplan version 1.1
  netplan: database directory is /var/lib/plan/netplan.dir
  netplan: switching from user <root> to <netplan>
  netplan: running with uid=63434 gid=63434 euid=63434 egid=63434
  netplan: reading access list file /var/lib/plan/netplan.dir/.netplan-acl
  netplan: netplan/tcp not found in /etc/services, using port 5444
  netplan: client 4 connected from 1.0.0.127:12834
  netplan: client 4 reply !t1.1 enter ? for help
  netplan: client 4 sends olee
  netplan: error: access to lee refused to client 4
  netplan: client 4 reply oft0
  netplan: client 4 disconnected

How do the files in the netplan directory relate to the ones in my home
directory? Do I need to change plan to use the netplan directory?

Here are the versions I was using:

  plan           Version: 1.6.1-7
  pilot-manager  Version: 1.106-1
  pilot-link     Version: 0.8.11-1

Thanks for the great software. BTW are there any addressbook progams that
support syncing?
--
Lee Bradshaw                 lee@sectionIV.com (preferred)
Alantro Communications       lee@alantro.com