Re: pose is better than xcopilot? (was: Adoption of xcopilot)

On Wed, 5 Sep 2001, Alexander Schwartz wrote:

> Thanks to all those who pointed out to me that xcopilot merged with pose.
> As xcopilot works for me I never had the need to look for something else.
>
> I installed pose (3.0a3-3), but I found one little problem: the hotsync.
> While xcopilot is lightweight and fast pose is awfully slow:
>
> "xcopilot -serial" with "pilot-xfer -p /dev/ttypqe -l"
>    ---> takes 1-2 seconds!
>
> "pose" with "pilot-xfer -p /dev/ttypqe"
>    ---> gives me some IO-Error error messages and takes ages to list the
>    databases!
>
> Is there an option I missed? Has this issue been resolved in an upstream
> version?

POSE has a lot of debugging options that may be slowing things down; you
could try turning some of them off.  I haven't used the hotsync feature
much, but didn't notice any dramatic speed problems with it, nor any
IO-Error messages.   IIRC serial port emulation has been improved with recent
releases; the unstable archive has pose 3.2.

-Ben