Re: tar files in example dirs

joost witteveen wrote:

> > I don't think that tarring files under /usr/doc/<package> is a good
> > thing to do.

Humm, I said tarring, not untarring.
I rephrase:
I don't think that putting tar files under /usr/doc/<package> is a good
thing to do.

> the problem you mentioned (dpkg not knowing what files are under
> /usr/doc/*/*).

I meant that untarring them under /usr/doc creates that problem. I meant
that because I was thinking that /usr/doc is the _right_ place for that
files, as plain files, maybe gzipped, not tarred.
And if /usr/doc is the right place to put the files, then why should be
untarred in another place? (apart root and ro fs ...)
I say: maintainer, put the files in the right place, without tarballs.

Fabrizio