abandoning the rules of discourse

We recently had some conversation on rules of discourse for the mailing
lists. At that time, discussion by most developers was strongly against
them. Only myself and two other people spoke out for them at all.

I want to check for opinions one more time before abandoning them.
If we do that, disrespectful language will be allowed, and obscentity
will be allowed. Is this really what people want?

	Thanks

	Bruce
--
Can you get your operating system fixed when you need it?
Linux - the supportable operating system. http://www.debian.org/support.html