Re: Policy Weekly Issue #4/4: Announcing new packages before uploading them

Johnie Ingram <johnie@netgod.net> writes:

> I prefer the current usage of #(\d+) -- a bug that is referenced but
> not to be closed can bet called just \d+, or Bug \d+, and the script
> will ignore it just as "release" currently does.

Not a good idea.  What if I need to say:

  * Partial fix for this scheme implementation's problem handling
    single element vectors like #(4).

Obviously, If I know about the problem I could probably cludge around
this, but I think we need a more explicit way to indicate the intended
closures if we're going to do this at all.  The "closes=" or the
accidental bug closures...

--
Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu>