Re: Policy Weekly Issue #4/4: Announcing new packages before uploading them

Hi,
>>"Santiago" == Santiago Vila Doncel <sanvila@unex.es> writes:

Santiago> I don't see very elegant to modify changelog syntax.

	Ulp. I thought it was very elegant ...

Santiago> Another idea: In addition to "hello_1.3-14_i386.changes" we
Santiago> could have "hello_1.3-14_i386.closes", following a very
Santiago> simple syntax:
Santiago> 1234 5678 9012
Santiago> etc.

Santiago> This way everybody could use their favourite parsing
Santiago> algorithms to transform some entries in changelog.Debian to
Santiago> the .closes file.

	Ok, but I was hoping to get some degree of standardization
 here. If we all agree on one convention, than the parsing may be
 merged into system tools, and coherent adive can be given to new
 maintainers, and it can be mentioned in the policy.

	I really don't care what syntax is chosen, as long as there is
 one common way of doing it, and a record is maintained of bugs
 closed in the changelog file, and little (better still, no) extra
 effort is required of maintainers beyond noting which bugs were fixed
 (in some standard format) n the changelog file.

	Surely we can come to a consensus on something this trivial?

	manoj
--
 "There is no choice before us. Either we must Succeed in providing
 the rational coordination of impulses and guts, or for centuries