Re: two minor problems w/ Manoj's proposal

Hi,
>>"Adam" == Adam P Harris <apharris@burrito.onshore.com> writes:

 Adam> I find two problems with Manoj's proposal.

 Adam>      Unlike before, when the policy editor gathered in issues
 Adam>      which, in his view, were candidates for inclusion in
 Adam>      policy, I propose that issues are brought up in the policy
 Adam>      group, and, if the initial discussion warrants it, any
 Adam>      developer, with at least two(?) seconds can formally
 Adam>      propose as a policy amendment.

 Adam> You mention "any developer" or "developers" here, but I think
 Adam> you should say "registered Debian developer".  That is to say,
 Adam> you must be a registered Debian developer to sponsor an issue
 Adam> (you could sponsor an issue raised by a non-developer,
 Adam> however), and the seconds must also be Debian developers.

	In the debian context, when one says developer, on means a
 debian developer. However, if there is confusion, I shall add
 ``registered debian''. I agree that Debian Policy should be created
 by Debian develoers.

	I await other input on whether one should use the BTS.

	manoj
--
 "Freedom" has no meaning of itself. There are always restrictions, be
 they legal, genetic, or physical. If you don't believe me, try to