Re: Licenses for non-software entities

Hi,
>>"Drake" == Drake Diedrich <Drake.Diedrich@anu.edu.au> writes:

 Drake> What if we widened the definition of contrib/ to allow
 Drake> immutable documents?  There's no reason they have to be
 Drake> packages in main/, contrib/ is just as good for the purposes
 Drake> of our users.

	Actually, I think we shoyuld not overload contrib with this;
 right now, contrib has a clear criteria, and we should retain
 that. What are the objections to a separate Verbatim area?

	Remember, if we go with this, *all* verbatim documents should
 go in there. That cetainly means the FSSTND and the FHS, for
 starters. What about the GPL etc? By all rights the GPL itself should
 be in the verbatim section.

 Drake> The many macro-capable formats out there are probably a good
 Drake> argument against having a separate document policy.  Hmm.
 Drake> Imagine an immutable macro-virus-infested standards document..

	Umm. Do you mean that we should not allow immutable documents
 because, in the future, there may be macro-virus-infested standards
 document? I would rather say that standards in macro-capable formats
 shoukld be mutable (rather than throwing out the baby with the bath
 water).

	If a stadard is buggy, I guess one has the right not to adopt
 it, or distribute it, until a fixed version appears.

	manoj

--
 "The life of money-making is one undertaken under compulsion, and
 wealth is evidently not the good we are seeking, for it is merely