Re: Maybe it's time to split debian-devel-changes

Splitting of debian-devel-changes
=================================

I'm going to summarize everything so far:

* The list may be filtered in many several ways, but this does not solve
the problem of bandwidth for people using POP (the "too late" problem).
Therefore, most people seem to agree that the lists should be splitted
sooner or later.

* We don't want to split the list in a i386-centric way. Also, we don't
want to force normal people (non-developers) to subscribe to more than one
list.

* The current list has not a *huge* amount of traffic yet (i.e. like
debian-user), so we can wait for the new upload procedure to be
implemented before we split the list.

* There has not been any other proposal or suggestion of change after the
last one. Of course, this does not mean that the last proposal is
"perfect", but I assume that in absence of serious objections, it may be
considered "good enough" for our purposes. This second proposal takes in
account the suggestions by Dan Jacobowitz and solves the i386-centric
approach of the first one.

Therefore, I will send the last proposal:

http://www.debian.org/Lists-Archives/debian-policy-9808/msg00115.html

to 17525@bugs.debian.org, so that whenever the new upload procedure is
implemented, the list is splitted in the proposed way at that time.

Thanks everybody.

--
 "f418fa82df310ecdaf3800dfe0363b4d" (a truly random sig)