Re: what needs to be policy?

Hi,

	We have had success in the past with semi-formal sub policies
 affecting subsets of packages. One of them has been the emacsen
 mechanism. Other that come to mind are the kernel modules mechanism,
 the kernel patch mechanism, and so on.

	Initially, during the rapid deploy-test-amend phase, when the
 mechanism is being shaped, it makes sense to keep the document with
 the people who are doing the work. However, once the document has
 stabilized, I think it makes sense to bring the document under ther
 fold of this mailing list, so that
 a) Policy documents are not scattered to the four winds,
 b) the Packages affected by the sub policy are spared the whims and
    vagaries of a lone developer ;-)

	manoj
--
 When a man steals your wife, there is no better revenge than to let
 him keep her. Sacha Guitry