copyright files in other languages

There's currently a package in Incoming, sympa, with a copyright file
written in French.  This raises a host of potential problems, and may
require some policy changes.

Should an English translation be required?  Currently a user need only
speak English to decide if a package is free enough for him.

What if the translation is wrong and implies that a free package is
non-free or vice-versa?  We should request that the upstream author
bless the translation.  If we're unable to do this we can perhaps
write in the copyright file that this version is not canonical, and
that copyright.fr (for example) is.  I'm not sure if this is a good
idea.

Maybe translations are only required for non-free packages?  For free
packages the user is happy with DFSG-freeness.  But the user might
want certain abilities that DFSG-free packages don't necessarily have.

Guy