Re: Should non-free and contrib packages install to /opt?

hi

Sorry for just popping in without having followed the thred.

Ship's Log, Lt. Manoj Srivastava, Stardate 190199.1254:

> 	I do agree with you, though. I think we should strongly urge
>  non-Debian sources of .deb packages to use /opt as described in the
>  FHS.

Please not. I don't see any good it would do, and I realy have no need to
search an other tree for a program or whatever.

I sometimes talk with non-Linux user and on one thing I have to (partially)
agree. It's sometimes hard to find something.

<sarcasm>
We could also do a /main, /contrib, /non-free and /non-US and then there would
be the subdirectories admin, .....
</sarcasm>

Greetings
--
Alexander N. Benner - Nikodemus@innocent.com - http://home.pages.de/~Nikodemus/

Believing that true love waits, I make a commitment to God, myself, my family,
my friends, my future mate, and my future children to be sexual abstinent from
this day until the day I enter a biblical marriage relationship. 1-800-luv-wait