Re: Debian 'freeze' task force

On Sun, 24 Jan 1999, Raphael Hertzog wrote:

> Le Sat, Jan 23, 1999 at 04:29:38PM -0800, Aaron Van Couwenberghe écrivait:
> > 	If there were a group that, during freeze, were given the task of
> > handling difficult looking bugs before they became stale, debian could
> > possibly begin getting its releases out on time.
> >
> > 	I'm just curious, is there such an organization within debian at
> > this time?
>
> Yes and it's called 'Vincent Renardias' (it's just incredible how many
> NMUs he did in order to correct release critical bugs). :-D

;)

> More seriously, it might be a good idea but I wonder if such a
> formalization is necessary. If you want to correct bugs during freeze,
> just do it (after having announced it to -devel).

I attempted to start a similar thing ~2 yrs ago (the 'Debian QA Group') but
it mostly failed due to the little time I could spend on it back then and
lack of interest of most of the other developpers. Maybe it's time to try
to restart it?
(But my feeling on this is that 99% of the developpers prefer to spend
time on their own packages than having to deal with the bugs of other
developpers' packages.)

	Cordialement,

--
- Vincent RENARDIAS  vincent@{{ldsol,pipo}.com,{debian,openhardware}.org} -