Re: more information for translation

On Wed, 27 Jan 1999, David Rocher wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As I have translated, I would some information to keep the spirit of
> the Debian Policly Manual.
>
> version 2.5.0.0, section 5.5, paragraph 7:

>  the mailbox itself is not supported. ...
>
>  is the <tt>...</tt> a stylistic notation or the mailbox really contains
>  `forward to foo@bar.com' ?

The sentence, as far as I can understand it, means this:

Under some OSes and some MTAs, it is possible to forward all of a
particular users mail to a given host simply by making the mailbox file
contain the literal string "forward to <address>".

This feature/convention is not supported by Debian - we encourage the use
of a .forward file in the users home directory instead.

Jules