Re: Hey! Why does everybody love flaming so much? [was: `pure']

On Wed, May 05, 1999 at 10:19:52AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>  d) Before we go any further, I would like to have explained to me how
>     starting a free software foray in an proprietary protocol is
>     harmful to the free software community

(Please don't try to extract my personal opinion on this issue from the
examples below. I am not going to add my private fuel to this thread. I
merely want to point out an example)

When you have a free client, the objection against the non-free server may
drop in certain areas (ccoperations etc).