Re: weekly policy summary

Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@debian.org> writes:

> > Bug:
> > Title: moving the menu hierarchy into debian policy
> >  Identical to proposal #36051, with addition of top-level Help menu.
>
> Has someone written the proposed changes to the menu hierarchy as cited
> in the objection to this made by Wichert and others (incl. myself)?

There are approximately a THOUSAND proposed changes, many of them
contradictory, this is one of the problems this proposal was
originally designed to ADDRESS!  We need to get the heirarchy to
someplace it can be WORKED on, and we need to make it more open to
changes.

I'm working on a proposal to handle this in a similar fashion to the
virtual package list, i.e. as a separate list we can change when
sufficient need is found.  I've been slacking off a bit on finishing
it, while studying some alternatives, but I should have a proposal
soon.