Re: weekly policy summary

Hi,
>>"Jim" == Jim Lynch <jim@laney.edu> writes:

 Jim> I am agreeing to disagree here: it's my opinion that things that are
 Jim> distributable anywhere belong in main, nothing which is not. Having
 Jim> said that, I also think that the things in non-US -should- be
 Jim> distributable (i.e., I -wish- they were.)

        In which case there is nothing in main, by your definition,
 since myanmar (previously Burma) has made Linux illegal (since the
 rebels use linux and pgp to hide activities from the government.

        Local, parocial rules _anywhere_ on this planet deciding what
 is main is rather silly. Personally, I would rather not be governed
 by what lcal regimes dictate as being acceptable (think libya, iraq,
 afganistan, or your favourite police state).

        manoj
--
 The average girl would rather have beauty than brains because she
 knows that the average man can see much better than he can