Re: Menu-2.0, optimized menu tree, hints

Je 1999/06/21(1)/12:06, Chris Waters montris sian geniecon skribante:
> Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> writes:
>
> > Wow! You've utterly bypassed the whole policy issue with a brilliant idea!
>
> Well, no (though that was my first reaction too).  We still should
> have a policy regarding the *default* menu layout, and it still makes
> sense to have it separate from the menu package itself (for developers
> that want menu installed, and to prevent re-releasing menu just to
> affect changes in policy).

Yes, but it at least changes the menu-tree policy discussion somewhat:).

> We may even want to create policy for these hints, so that we don't
> have hundreds of random, incompatible hints provided by different
> packages.

Absolutely, that was actually the main question in my initial message:
what hints do we use, as there should be some consensus over them.

--
joostje