Re: standard icon file location?

On Fri, Jul 09, 1999 at 05:07:35PM -0700, Daniel Quinlan wrote:
> from the weekly Debian policy summary:
>
> > Icon location policy (#27869)
> >   * Old.
> >   * Proposed by Daniel Martin.
> >   * Where should XPM and other icon files live? Not discussed by FHS.
>
> I think this is something we should handle.  We also need to handle
> fonts -- Peter Anvin <hpa@transmeta.com> is working on a standardized
> font location proposal.

The asclassic package already uses /usr/share/pixmaps/asclassic and
similar directories for backgrounds and sounds because it's my opinion
that there's nothing about any of those things that make them specifically
belong to asclassic, other than that the defaults use them.

I considered /usr/share/asclassic/{backgrounds,pixmaps,sounds} but that
just seemed inappropriate given that the contents are pretty much
application independant.

<Overfiend> lilo: well then, you are probably a responsible thinker.
            Welcome to a very small club.
<lilo> Overfiend: welcome me when you join :)