/var/lib, /var/mail

I see that the policy manual has been changed (s3.1) to require FHS
compliance rather than FSSTND compliance.

I'd like to make two proposals:

* That we make an exception for /var/state.  Ie, we mandate that
packages us /var/lib.  This change has no purpose and will only be
hassle for us.

* That we make an exception for /var/mail.  Same as before, but last I
heard there were rumours that FHS were going to abandon /var/mail.
When I was last at an LSB meeting all the other distributions wanted
/var/spool/mail back.

What is the feeling about this ?

Ian.