Re: Build dependencies: some thoughts

On Wed, Oct 27, 1999 at 03:17:52PM +0100, Julian Gilbey wrote:
> OK, I've just tried to calculate the build-time dependencies for
> debian-policy, and here are some thoughts.
>
> It's not easy.  In fact it's *really* not easy.

When I came up with a simple implementation awhile back, the fakeroot
maintainer said that it was possible for it to track all programs that
were executed and files that were accessed. Perhaps we need an ENV added
to fakroot for it to enable some sort of logging of this info, then it
could be parsed and matched to packages (-dev for headers accessed,
programs, etc..) for a "reference" list?

Ben