Re: FWD: dh_compress

  Joey> Policy says that "small" files should be compressed, but does
  Joey> not define small. The default blocksize seems like a good
  Joey> definition. What is the default blocksize? 1k? 4k? Variable? I
  Joey> have heard all three answers.

  Joey> I'm considering changing debhelper to compress doc files > 1k,
  Joey> which is surely the smallest block size anyone might have, but
  Joey> I'd like some input from this group about what polciy actually
  Joey> means, first.

Shouldn't all programs that can display doc files handle compressed
files natively ? Having to manually uncompress the file or use a
special command that handles compressed files is unconvenient,
especially for beginners who might even not be able to read those
files.

--
Laurent Martelli
martelli@iie.cnam.fr