Re: [PROPOSED] Change package relations policy to remove references to non-free from main

Hi,
>>"Anthony" == Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> writes:

 Anthony> FWIW, I vaguely do too: enhances doesn't scale particularly
 Anthony> well,

        Actually, niether does suggests, if we are trying to be
 exhaustive. ZI can come up with thousands of packages that depend on
 and enhance Emacs; having all these as suggests inemacs is niether
 desirable nor scalable.

 Anthony> That said, Enhances: is a nice idea, and, until dselect and the
 Anthony> various apt frontends are fixed to not whine unnecessarily, having all
 Anthony> main> ->non-free suggestions be forced to be enhances
 Anthony> doesn't seem any worse than the current situation, and
 Anthony> better in a couple of ways.

        Hear, Hear.

        manoj
--
 Give me a fish and I will eat today.  Teach me to fish and I will eat
 forever.