Re: [PROPOSED] Change package relations policy to remove references to non-free from main

>         We should be giving users more choice. Not less.

The problem is that lack of time or sheer laziness intrudes.  We
should do what we can to help people who want free software systems.
There are other things we can do, but they should take second
priority.

People declare inappropriate Suggests all the time; anything we can do
to reduce that would be a help.  Suggests should have documentation
attached explaining *why* the suggestion is made.  Someone suggests
"netscape", and that really loses when they should suggest
"www-browser"; but then lots of things that Provide www-browser are
not really browsers at all but (say) http proxies.

However, Enhances does give users more choice.  There is a semantic
difference between the two, and it's useful to make more information
available.

Things in non-free are Not Part Of Debian.  We should not be
suggesting things that are not part of debian and never could be.

Thomas