Re: weekly policy summary

Branden Robinson wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 03, 1999 at 07:29:20PM -0800, Joey Hess wrote:
> > Here's what's been happening on debian-policy this week.
> >
> > Do we have consensus on any of the listed amendments? Let me know..
>
> I don't understand why many of them are stalled; they have the requisite
> number of seconds and no listed objectors.  Perhaps an explanation for the
> stall could be given in the summary?

There are formal objectors, and then there is just not getting a consensus.
Manoj's policy process document says that things shouldn't become policy
unless we come to a consensus on them (or they reach the end of their
discussion period and are referred to the tech committee). I mark items as
stalled if we haven't seemed reach consensus.

It's very hard to summarize a non-consensus, since it generally means a
bunch of people disagree for different reasons. Actually, it's hard for me
to spot them, which is why I asked people to help me identified items marked
as stalled which we have really come to a consensus on.

--
see shy jo