Re: weekly policy summary

On Fri, Dec 03, 1999 at 08:36:51PM -0800, Joseph Carter wrote:
> > Echo -n (#48247)
> >   * Under discussion.
> >   * Proposed by Raul Miller; seconded by Joseph Carter.
> >   * Amend policy to say /bin/sh must be a POSIX shell, but with the
> >     addition that "echo -n" must not generate a newline.
> This needs more seconds.  We already do require -n, we just don't say we
> do.  Since this proposal documents existing behavior, it probably should
> get into policy.  Does nobody else agree with me?

LSB will be mandating this, so if we want to be LSB compliant, we'll
do it. Adding it to -policy seems a bit redundant.

Cheers,
aj

I don't speak for anyone save myself. GPG encrypted mail preferred.

 ``The thing is: trying to be too generic is EVIL. It's stupid, it
        results in slower code, and it results in more bugs.''
                                        -- Linus Torvalds