Re: Re^2: kde directory structure

> The FSSTND says that /usr/X11R6 is for "X and related files". Our current
> interpretation to this is that all X related stuff (applications,
> includes, libraries, etc.) go under /usr/X11R6.

and i don't interpret it this way. in my interpretion, /usr/X11R6 exist
for historic reasons. so if a package was plastic in the past in
/usr/X11R6 we should continue this (including all x* programs). but i
cant see why new programs should go there.
(examples : kde, dosemu, vim, tk, ...)

> I respect your own opinion, but we don't base any policy decisions on the
> opinion of a single developer.

i looked at the policy : it doesn't say where X11 programs should go.
fhs draft 10 sais : " X Window System, version 11 release 6, and related
files" . This defintion can be read as "core X window and related files"
or as "everything that need x11r6 to run". i choose the first one, you
prefer the second.

/usr/X11R6 is for the x11 distribution (xfree) and for very releated
files (e.g. window manager), but it not entiteled to include everything
that runs with x11.

we should discuss this on debian-policy.

till then, i accept your decission as policy manager, and change
everything.

andreas