Re: PW#5-2: Maintainer's reaction on non-maintainer uploads

Gregor Hoffleit <flight@thefly.mathi.uni-heidelberg.de> writes:

> Regarding the notification about fixed bugs in nmu's: Is it really
> intentional that this way (what Christian and Guy propose) the fixed
> bugs won't be recorded anywhere in the package (since I can't list
> them in the changelog), but would only be visible from looking at the
> bugs database ?

You can list them in the changelog.  Just don't use the format that
will cause a Fixes field to be added and dinstall to close them.

> Sorry, what does the last point mean ? Is it to say "read the
> description of the patches and close the bug reports of the problems
> that are indeed fixed by the nmu" ?

No, "read the descriptin of the patches and verify that the problems
are indeed correctly fixed by the patches."

Guy