Re: PW#5-2: Maintainer's reaction on non-maintainer uploads

dark@xs4all.nl (Richard Braakman) writes:

> I think that any of these measures would be preferable to introducing
> a new class of "fixed but open" bugs.  Such bugs would interfere with
> the attempts to use the bug system as an aid to release engineering,

I don't think that there are so many nmus that this will become a
problem.  If it does become a problem, the easiest way to fix it would
be to introduce a new severity which is lower even than wishlist for
such "nmu-fixed" bugs.  In the mean time, let's just write in the
policy that nmus should not close bugs.

The expired bugs really are removed, btw.

Guy