Re: Resolutions to comments on LSB-FHS-TS_SPEC_V1.0

On Mon, 25 Jan 1999, Johnie Ingram wrote:

> "Wichert" == Wichert Akkerman <wakkerma@cs.leidenuniv.nl> writes:
>
> Wichert> Can we agree our preference is /var/mail, is stated in the
> Wichert> current FHS?
>
> I'd agree with that, for the sake of compatibility.  Having postinsts
> make a symlink isn't that big a deal.

For the sake of compatibily with what?
No other Linux currently uses it or plans to; As for the other Unix
systems; first, there are probably more Linux boxes in the world than of
the other Unixen boxes summed up; 2nd, Debian never did gratuitous policy
change just 'because some others are doing so' and I hope we won't start
now.

	Cordialement,

--
- Vincent RENARDIAS  vincent@{{ldsol,pipo}.com,{debian,openhardware}.org} -