Re: Mechanism for removing developers

On Thu, Jan 28, 1999 at 02:17:42PM +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:

> I really don't like your idea. There are many packages with many bugs :
> http://master.debian.org/~vincent/report-bybugnum.txt
> And also many packages with very old bugs :
> http://master.debian.org/~vincent/report-byage.txt

Again, as I said in my message, I'm not proposing removing developers that
maintain packages with bugs, or packages with very old bugs.  This case is
different.  The developer has literally *ignored* bugs for over 700 or 800
days, depending on the bug.  That's right -- no response to the submittor.
No evidence of any action to fix it.  Nothing.  Another case is where there
have been developers maintaining packages with release-critical bugs during
a freeze but have not even made any effort to fix them (I would be satisfied
by an effort of saying "I can't fix this, can anyone help?" to debian-devel)

> But we probably don't want to throw out developers because of that. What

Of course not.

What you are talking about and what I am talking about are two different
things.

John