[Discussion] Policy upgrade checklist

Hi,

        It has been brought to my attention that it may be difficult
 to grok thae changes between two versions of policy, and the list in
 the upgrade checklist may not be detailed enough.

        There are two ways of making the differences between policy
 versions stand out -- a diff -uBbw output between two succesive
 versions, and a synopsis like the one that is posted on the weekly
 summaries.

        I would like to ask the people creating a proposal to also
 create a short description of the proposal, in a couple of sentences,
 that can then go into the upgrade-checklist (and make the weekly
 summary easier to generate). I would think that the original proposer
 or one of the seconds would be most familair with the topic, and
 hence be the best candidates for generating the summary.

        If anyone  wishes to contribute such a summary to an
 amendment (there are several now which could use a synopsis), please
 just send it to the BTS, and I'll take it from there.

        If people think this is a good idea, I may massage the policy
 update guidelines and make them closer to being a recipe/howto than a
 the proposal format they are in now.

        manoj
--
 That only with propriety be styled refinement which, by strengthening
 the intellect, purifies the manners.  -- Coleridge